Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Here Comes Ages of Grace!

I had just heard of this new Orthodox curriculum as we were wrapping up our study of Ancient History. Truthfully, I was a bit intimidated with the prospect of covering the early church as my perspective on the early church was greatly changing. I needed a little hand holding as we headed into the Middle Ages. Voila! Here comes Ages of Grace (and it just so happens it is starting in the Middle Ages.)

The night it became available, I got it. I was giddy with excitement as I held the crisp pages straight off my printer. Then I sat on my living room floor, organized it into categories that made sense to me, got out my ProClick and the punching and binding began. They turned out lovely! Here is my attempt to show you what is included and how I have organized things.
Total program
Here is what you are seeing. On your right I have put together 3 large notebooks. One contains just the Weekly Lesson Plans. Another, all of the Picture Study, Icon Study, and Theology in Sound. (I have not printed out the actual music sheets for TinS yet. That would make a fourth notebook) The last notebook contains: The Children's Bible Reader Schedule, Prologue Reading Schedule, Reading List, Oral and Written Exams, and Dictation Exercises. To your left I have printed off 4 separate Copywork notebooks for my 4 kids. Copywork Notebook


Example of Copywork Notebook.




[caption id="attachment_82" align="aligncenter" width="573" caption="Page 1"][/caption]

 


[caption id="attachment_83" align="aligncenter" width="502" caption="Page 2"][/caption]

Each week contains 2 pages of lesson plans.
 


[caption id="attachment_84" align="aligncenter" width="502" caption="Children's Bible Reader"][/caption]

 

Here is the first section of my next notebook. 15 pages.



 

 


[caption id="attachment_85" align="aligncenter" width="502" caption="Prologue Reading Schedule"][/caption]

 
The Prologue Reading schedule is 12 pages.

 


 



 

[caption id="attachment_86" align="aligncenter" width="502" caption="Reading List"][/caption]


 

The next section is the reading lists. The lists are broken into categories such as: Family Reading, Level A, Level B, Level C, and Additional Reading. They are then further divided by Subject (History, Literature, Bible, and Faith) and scheduled for you.

 


[caption id="attachment_87" align="aligncenter" width="502" caption="Oral and Written Exams"][/caption]

 

Again, these are divided by Subject, Level, and Term.
 

[caption id="attachment_88" align="aligncenter" width="502" caption="Dictation Exercises"][/caption]

 

 This is one of the areas where this curriculum is worth its weight in gold! 18 pages with beautiful quotes from Orthodoxy. Since my children are a bit to young for these dictations, I plan on adapting them into more Copywork.
Cover for Picture Study

 

Love these pictures!

 


And here is my favorite part! The Artist study is wonderful. You receive 30 beautiful prints. I laminated mine so the kids could handle them without too much worry. Exquisite!!!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures and explanation! So it looks like you did all your printing in color? We just got a printer again, and I'm wondering if one color ink cartridge will handle it all (i.e., so that the main colors used don't get used up before I'm done printing, if that makes sense). I haven't purchased it yet, but plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am planning on using this in the fall and it was nice to look at the photos you took. Im very excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliana, I am not sure how much ink it will take (My husband printed it off at work). The art prints are probably going to eat up a bit, since there are 30 of them. They are so beautiful though. I will say that after I laminated them the colors really popped! I do not think you need to print the rest of the curriculum in color. Also, you could print one term at a time and spread out the cost. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be a tiny bit ahead of you, so feel free to check back with what and see how we progress. :)

    ReplyDelete